Summer is great, but nothing beats football season. We all know the fun starts hours before the game, so choosing the best tailgating grill available is a must if you’re planning on starting the day off right.
Whether you root for the NFC North, South, West, or East, are shocked that the Rams have come home to Los Angeles, or even if your head is still reeling over Deflategate (Face it, it’s probably time to get over it.), it’s time to dust off your favorite player’s jersey because the NFL football season is underway! The NFL season brings with it some of life’s greatest joys: Monday Night Football, good old fashioned rivalries, clever beer commercials, fantasy football leagues, and of course tailgating parties! Even if the only thing you enjoy about the NFL season is the Superbowl Halftime Show, even you can appreciate a fun-filled tailgating party.
A tailgating party checklist should include a number of necessities such as folding chairs, an ice chest of ice cold beer and soft drinks, face and body paint in your favorite team’s colors, some delicious burgers, brats, ribs, and steaks, and most importantly an awesome grill to cook them on! If you want to turn your tailgate party up a notch and be the most popular grill master in your stadium’s parking lot, check out our two picks for the best tailgating grills:
The Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE
The first grill you need to check out is from Coleman. This grill has everything you need to make your tailgating experience just as exciting as the game you are about to watch. With the Coleman Road Trip, you will be cooking in no time, as this grill has one of the easiest and fastest set up times on the market. It only weighs about 50 lbs and its portability makes it a breeze to load and unload from any vehicle, due in part to its uniquely designed folding wheels and collapsible stand. With portability like that it’s easy to see why this was a must for our list of best tailgating grills.
- Its interchangeable cooking grates and tops which give tailgaters more grilling options!
- Don’t worry if you forget a lighter or matches, the Coleman Road Trip has a simple push-button ignition.
- Whether you’re being snowed on in Green Bay or rained on in Seattle, this grill will get your barbecuing done with its “PerfectFlow” technology that guarantees a consistent grilling performance and steady heat, even in extreme weather conditions.
- Need some extra space to hold and keep your grilling accessories handy? This grill comes with sliding side tables that slide in and out for extra compact storage.
- You will not be straining your back lugging this grill around anytime soon, it only weighs about 50 lbs, folds to a compact size, has a collapsible stand with folding wheels, and has a convenient handle and wheels for pulling. You will think you are cooking with a Transformer, not a grill!
- Spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying the big game because of its easy-to-clean surfaces and removable grease tray!
- Can’t make up your mind whether to cook burgers or dogs, ribs or steak? How ’bout all four! The Coleman Road Trip has a vast grilling surface at 285 square inches, which includes 2 cast-iron, porcelain coated grill grates.
Click here to buy the The Coleman Road Trip Propane Portable Grill LXE on Amazon.
The Cuisinart CGG-200 Table Top Gas Grill
This next grill may be small, weighing less than 40 lbs and measuring only 18.5″ W by 15″ L, but it still packs a major punch. This portable bad-boy is the perfect grill for any grilling enthusiast, whether you are cooking some killer kabobs, perfectly charring some deliciously marinated chicken, or baking some potatoes and veggies in foil – the Cuisinart Table Top Gas Grill can accomplish all of your grilling needs.
- Your meat will feel the burn as this “little” grill packs a walloping 12,000 BTUs of sheer cooking power!
- Start your grilling session quickly with its simple twist start ignition.
- Rain, snow, wind – none of these things will stop you from grilling with the Cuisinart’s fiercely durable stainless steel lid and insulated double walls which maintains temperatures and keeps heat from escaping.
- The extremely sturdy and wide (10” x 10”) side tables can hold all of your grilling tools and food. It’s strong enough to hold your Thanksgiving turkey and all of the trimmings, go ahead and test it!
- This tailgating grill is sure to last you through many football seasons with its porcelain enamel-coated cast iron cooking grate. Hell will freeze over (or the Browns will make it to the Superbowl) before you will need to replace this grill!
- The grill’s elevated base makes for the perfect grilling height, and can connect to its optional folding grill stand with ease.
- The grills precision temperature gauge will allow you to cook at the exact temperature you desire.
- It’s compact size, folding side shelves, and carrying handle makes it easy to transport to any tailgating party.
Click here to buy the Cuisinart CGG-200 Table Top Gas Grill on Amazon.
Some rivalries never die, Cowboys Vs. Redskins, 49ers Vs. Seahawks, Bears Vs. Packers, or the Patriots Vs. everyone else… but one thing is for certain: great barbecue can bring fans of all teams together. Vince Lombardi once said that “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing.” Well, a Coleman or Cuisinart grill will make your barbecue a “winner” every time; so get a head start on making this NFL season memorable by ordering one of these grills today!